Your privacy is critically important to us. At Meddists, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information on your website is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
What this policy covers?
- Our websites
- Other products and services that are available on or through our websites
Why do we collect and use personal data?
We collect and use personal data mainly to perform direct sales, direct marketing, and customer service. We use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To provide our Services.
- To further develop our Services.
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services.
- To communicate with you about offers and promotions offered by Meddists and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Meddists and our products.
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations and serve relevant advertisements.
What type of personal data is collected?
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect name, phone number, title, and email address, and other provided personal and contact information. We may also collect feedback, comments, and questions received from you in service-related communication and activities, such as meetings, phone calls, documents, and emails. From our website, we may collect IP-address and actions taken on the site.
Visitors to our websites
When someone visits www.meddists.com we use a third party service, Google Analytics to collect analytics data and details of visitor behavior patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone.
A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on the user’s computer by the user’s web browser while the user is browsing. Cookies can help a website to arrange content to match your preferred interests more quickly.
Besides our contact form, we also use a third-party provider, Smallchat, to provide live support.
In order to deliver our e-newsletters, we use a third-party provider, Mailchimp. We gather statistics around email opening, clicks and other statistics to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter.
People who email us, Communications with Us, Contact Dealers
We use a third party provider — Mailgun — for sending and receiving emails. We also monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of the law.
Comments on our Twitter and Facebook pages
If you leave comments on our Twitter or Facebook pages, we can collect information about you (like contact information, name).
We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to show you the right prices and currency, to calculate how many people visit our Services from certain geographic regions.
We perform hourly backups of the website and database and store them in multiple locations — online and offline.
Job applicants, current and former employees
Meddists is the data controller for the information you provide during the process unless otherwise stated. If you have any queries about the process or how we handle your information please contact us.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while also considering our need to answer your queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws, to attend to any legal claims/complaints, and for safeguarding purposes.
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we have collected is no longer required, we will delete it in a secure manner. We may process data for statistical purposes, but in such cases, data will be anonymized.
We do not sell our users’ private personal information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Subsidiaries, Employees, and Independent Contractors
- Third Party Vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us
- As Required by Law
- To Protect Rights and Property
- Business Transfers
- With Your Consent
Your rights to your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that Meddists holds about you.
- The right to request that Meddists corrects your personal data if inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for Meddists to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time.
- The right to request that Meddists provides you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract.
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
Any query about your Privacy Rights should be sent through the contact form.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so.